Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another brick in the Wall

Total Miles: 12.3
Weight: 222
Favorite running songs:
Pump It (Black-Eyed Peas)
I Can't Drive 55 (Sammy Hagar)


    Today was my first run for week 2 of my beginner's program. instead of 8 60-second runs with 90-second walks in between, it's now 6 90-second runs with 2-minutes in between. My walking/running miles have come down to about a 14 minute average, which is a small but nice improvement. I have burned through all the songs currently on my phone, and my favorites so far for running have been "Pump It" by the Black-Eyed Peas", and "I Can't Drive 55" by Sammy Hagar. I would love to hear some of your suggestions!


     I am finding my legs can handle what I'm doing beautifully right now, but I'm definitely limited by my air supply (not the band, either, they're not even in my playlist). My walking/running miles have come down to about a 14 minute average, which is a small but nice improvement.

    I need to do more on my not running days to try to increase my stamina. I haven't done much yet in the way of cross-training, but it seems like the time.

    The weekend run was interesting. We stayed with my Mom in Barre, and I did 3 miles. But Barre is much more hilly than where I am in Essex, and I was surprised at how much more work it was to do some light-to-moderate hills. the good news, though, is that the hills were mostly up on the way out, so guess what that means for the way back?

    And although I lost about 1.5 pounds, I still have a lot of work to do on my eating habits. Yesterday, I had to entertain visiting customers, so lunch at Rozzi's and dinner at Windjammer certainly didn't help. In fact, I am happy I still lost some weight with how much I ate over the weekend and Monday.

My breakfasts have been going great, and usually at work is, too. The problem is between supper and bedtime, or the "noshing hours". It's really hard to ignore all the snacks around. The funny thing is, I usually want chocolate, which I don't keep around too often. So I get something else instead, which doesn't satisfy me (because it's not chocolate, duh!), so I go back again, still don't find chocolate, but end up with something else! It's a vicious circle leading to the other vicious circle - the one around my waist- but I am happy at the progress I have made so far and I don't want to change too much at once.

    The short version of all this is that I am happy with how things have gone, but I also am realizing how much farther I have to go. Thanks for tuning in, and see you next week on this same bat-time, same bat-channel.

1 comment:

  1. Artists - the song list is much longer: http://y42k.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/whats-on-my-iphone/

    Desert Island discs:
    http://y42k.wordpress.com/2008/02/05/desert-island-discs/

    ReplyDelete