Tuesday, October 18, 2011

One Small Step

Weight: 223
Total Miles: 2.2

Well, I'm off and running, pun somewhat intended.. I got up this morning at 4:30 and ran 2.2 miles (OK, walked about 60% of it, but I'm not splitting hairs). I was very excited to get this first run out of the way!

I am using a beginner's running program which tells me when to run and walk as I build up my stamina. It was pretty much perfect for me, making me work hard and push some, but not overboard. I am also using a GPS tracking program which logs my runs and uploads them onto a website. If this works, you can click here to see this particular workout:


I feel very proud to have finally started, and looking forward to the next one. The biggest problem I can see, is finding consistent time to run. I also wonder how hard it will be to get up when it isn't all new and exciting!

I do have some thoughts. I certainly have a variety of routes to run nearby, which is nice. Plus, if the weather's too bad, or I just want something different (or a hot tub after), I can always go to our club. They have an indoor track and lots of other exercise facilities.

I am also wondering about proper shoes and socks as I get more into this. Luckily, my brother Ray is a very experienced runner, so I have a great source for information.

See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. "'Running' is an attitude, not a speed."
    -me

    ReplyDelete