Monday, October 31, 2011

Two Steps Forward, one step back.

Weight: 218
total Miles: 16.4

   Well, another week is beginning, and I am still running. It's definitely gotten harder to get up at 4:30, but the focus on the goal and the noticeable weight loss and just generally feeling better have all helped quite a bit.

    This morning, I was running on the track in the gym, and working on extending my stride to cover more ground with less effort. I usually run for speed (football, softball, baseball, etc), and I run in very quick, short strides. It was interesting to concentrate on a longer, gliding sort of stride. Learn something new every day!

   I've had a few problems on the last couple of runs. About 1.25 miles in, I get a muscle pull in my right leg. It goes away in a day. Then, I take an extra day between runs. I warm up, test it a bit, and everything feels good. I start running, and it still feels good. Then, as I said, about 1.25 miles in, it sort of "pops". Not in a big, painful way, but sudden and it keeps me from running. The first time, I was about 1 mile or so from home, so I walked the rest of the way. This time, I was on the track at the gym, so I just stopped and went home.

I may have to take a break from running for a while, I don't know. If I do, at least I can still work on my stamina. As I said before, my legs seem to be handling things pretty well so far, except for this. I am just not sure how long to wait, or how far to push. I don't have a lot of time to waste if I am going to be able to finish 26 miles.....


2 comments: