Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Run, Jimmy, Run..

Total Miles: 22.6
Weight: 215


Ok, the song has nothing to do with running; I just think it's funny and it gave me this week's blog title :-)

I have been running at the track all week, even though the weather's been pretty good outside. I just like the feel of running on the track, without having to worry about puddles and cracks and uneven pavement. I don't want to get too spoiled or bored though, so I'll just have to be sure to get outside some more. If anyone wants to see, this is the summary of my running:


Thanks to some good advice from my brother, I have been stretching my lower legs and feet better, and it has really helped. The last 2 runs have been basically pain free! And maybe the bananas have helped too :-)

And I love that fact that the weight has still been coming off. I am down about 15 pounds since before I started running, and although I am eating much better than I used to, I'm still eating enough to keep me mostly satisfied, and when I want, I still go out and eat and don't feel guilty (Thank you Koto's!) 

The most interesting thing is that I actually want to work out in the mornings, and sort of miss it on days I'm not going out running. I am still on my beginner's program, so I am trying to not run except for when I am supposed to on the program. Some of the off days, I am still going to the gym and doing other stuff. Some, I'm just using some cardio stuff on my Xbox 360 to do mild exercises. It's easy to want to right now, since the results have been so positive!

It's still easy to see how far I have to go, but so far, the journey has been worth it! 

Stay tuned for a preview of next week's episode......  (ok, don't, because there aren't any!)


No comments:

Post a Comment