Sunday, November 20, 2011

run, runsomemore

weight: 212
Total miles: 36


(And for some real fun, go to youtube and look up some of Slade's latest live concerts... let's just say, it ain't 1981 anymore!)

    Hey, all you viewers out there, I'm back! I was going to post earlier in the week, but after last weekend (and Monday), I had put on a couple of pounds. I didn't want to start a post by saying my weight had gone up :-). But, everything's back on track now.

   First and foremost, to anyone who saw my FB post earlier this week, Ciera is fine. She hasn't had any more seizures, and although we didn't here from the Doctor yet (but BELIEVE me, he will hear from me!), we upped her seizure meds a bit anyway. We were supposed to do it a while ago, but didn't feel it was necessary at the time.
  The seizures themselves are not really a big deal. The hardest part was just being reminded of how things can change quickly. I mean, my head always knows, but you get used to a certain level of care and trouble, and let yourself think "well, that's just how it's going to be from now on". It's tough to explain, so i hope that makes some sense.
  And I am also reminded of some of the other kids in our PBD family. It's been a terrible couple of months, with a number of our children passing away. Honestly, sometimes I feel like I shouldn't post about Ciera's relatively small issues, since there's so much more going on. But I know a lot of people care about how she is doing, and even though her problems are not life-and-death right now, they are important, too.

But, back to running:
  I just did my first two 8 minute runs this week (8 minute running, 5 walking, then 8 running again) and surprisingly, it wasn't bad at all! My air has improved to the point where I can run my normal pace, and when I get too winded, I can just slow down a little and actually catch my breath to an extent. That's a BIG change from where I started. I still need to run as much as possible at the faster pace, so I can push to keep improving my stamina and strength. As I seem to keep repeating, I still have a long way to go. I am looking forward to trying a mile or two, to see if I can do it. I am hoping to run Thanksgiving Day morning in a race with my brother, and probaby sister-in-law, though I don't know for sure. I am hoping they have a small 5K run, though!

Have a happy Turkey Day to all my friends that celebrate it! And to those that don't, happy Thursday, I guess :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment