Thursday, December 22, 2011

Welcome Back!!

Weight: 211
Total Miles: 60



Well, I am back, finally. It's been a few weeks of ups and downs, mostly downs, in my Marathon quest. My injury from football cost me a week or so, then I pulled my calf muscle again, tried to run through it, then had to shut it down for another 4 or 5 days. 

In the mean time, I fell off the lunch wagon - pretty much the whole time I wasn't running. Between the holidays, and being frustrated I couldn't run, I started eating big again. Not like I used to, but much more than I should.

I can tell you for sure, once you start cheating, it becomes so much easier to keep doing it. I am still trying to get back on track, I haven't completely made it yet. Christmas weekend will hopefully be the big cut-off date.

And that's the main reason I haven't posted, also. I was kind of upset with myself on how things had slipped, and it was easier to not post than to post why things weren't going well. At one point, I was below 210, but went back up. Luckily, it was only about 4 pounds, but it was still ticking me off. It is heading back in the right direction now!

But, there have also been some big UPs. I have been back to running, and this morning I ran a 5k for practice! That's the most I have run at one time since the Thanksgiving race, and it felt great! The last couple of runs before that, I wanted to go for 3+, but I had a sort of mental roadblock about expanding my boundaries. My body was definitely willing to do more, but my mind lost the desire to. But I really feel like I have aclomplished something again, and have a great achievement to build on.

Here's the latest run down of my runs:



So, with a renewed sense of purpose, our hero heads into the new year with great optimism and ambition! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment